Vannery Nadu

Thursday, July 20, 2006

Perumpadappu, a Land of Communal Harmony

It is my first blogging experience. I do not know how and where to start.

I think it would be appropriate if I start with writing about my birth place, Perumpadappu. Those who have a taste in Kerala history, would defenitely have knowledge of this historical land. Perumpadappu Swaroopam and Vannery Nadu would be familiar terms for them. If you search on line with the key word Perumpadappu or Vannery, I am sure, you would end up with a lot of sites mentioning these great names.

Even though it is a land of great historical importance, now you can see it only in history books. It is really unfortunate that all historical remainings of such a rich cultural and social background have been destoryed by our ignorant forefathers who had a very little knowledge about the importance of protecting such historical monuments.

Once upon a time, (I use this phrase deliberately) there were greate people who chose Perumpadappu as a platform for their religious and social activities. Our land was blessed with their presence.

Past is past and there is nothing great about boasting like a Basheerian charactor " end uppappakku oranayundayirunnu" ( my grand father had an elephant).

At present, is there any thing in Perumpadappu to make me pround of? This question troubles me a little bit. To be frank; there is a few but not a lot.

Its communal harmony is one of few things I can boast about. Thats all for now I will come back with some more .

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home